Monday, December 6, 2010

12-7-1941, "a date which will live in infamy", President Franklin D. Roosevelt

More than 2,400 United States service personnel were killed.

The attack was to prevent us from influencing the war planning against Britain and the Netherlands, as well as the U.S. in the Philippines.

The next day the United States declared war resulting in their entry to World War II.


I'm proud to be an American, proud to know other cultures and all of our history.  This is a part of American history and shouldn't be forgotten and we should recognize those who we know were affected by the event.



This is not a blog about war, politics, religion or controversy.  It's a blog about what I think some people may find valuable.  Not for everyone but no one is forcing you to read.  Please be kind.

I support the ones fighting to protect my rights.  My right to blog freely, speak freely and be an individual. 


No comments:

Post a Comment